Ronald McDonald House Charities North Australia
Ronald McDonald House Charities North Australia’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of seriously ill children and their families through practical care programs.
We currently operate five programs which are;
- Our hospital-adjacent House which can accommodate 25 families and over 100 people each night allowing families to be close to their sick kids at the Townsville University Hospital;
- Our in-hospital Family Room, located at the Townsville University Hospital within the Children’s Ward, which provides a home like environment for families to relax and refresh and is open to any family member visiting a child receiving treatment at the hospital;
- Our Family Retreat in Palm Cove offers families with a seriously ill child, or those grieving the loss of a child, a stress-free holiday in a calm and relaxing setting far from the hospital environment;
- Our Learning Program which operates across North Queensland and the Northern Territory and helps children recovering from serious illness or injury catch up with missed education by providing access to 40 hours of free on on-one tutoring with a fully qualified teacher;
- Our Hospitality Cart at Mount Isa Hospital, operating within the Children’s Ward and Special Care Nursery which provides practical support and comfort items to patients, siblings and their parents.